Juhelville


Juhelville was a village once located in the Town of Pamelia. The village ceased to exist when it was absorbed into the City of Watertown in 1869.

The village was located north and west of the Court Street Bridge roughly near what is today LeRay, West Main and Bradley Streets. In order for Watertown to receive its incorporation as a city, it had to meet the population requirement of 9000 citizens, which the Village of Watertown fell short. The annexation of Juhelville, along with the hamlets of Huntingtonville and North Watertown, allowed the Village of Watertown to receive its city status.



See Also

Lost Villages