Huntingtonville was a hamlet along the Black River located east of Watertown. The area of the hamlet roughly corresponds to modern day Huntington Street. In 1859 Calvary, a Catholic cemetery, was located at Huntingtonville. A Jewish cemetery was also started there. Huntingtonville was the starting point for Camp's Ditch, an attempt to feed Mill Creek for the mills in Sackets Harbor. After several silt-ins, the ditch was abandoned.

Huntingtonville, along with Juhelville and North Watertown, were absorbed by Watertown upon its incorporation as a city in 1869.



See Also

Lost Villages